Sunday, September 25, 2011

Change

I am in the process of changing my life. My summer was crazy and I know its time to grow up. I made stupid decisions but it was what I needed to experience to become the person I know I'll be eventually.
I know who I am now and I know what I'm capable of. I know what I want and I know what I have to do to get there. I could never accomplish anything without the amazing influences I have in my life. Of course, there are those bad influences. The hardest part about my current journey is becoming the good influence on those bad influences that I dealt with before now. I am not very good at resisting temptation when it is right in front me. My best option is to completely detach myself from those friends and those situations. That is one of the hardest things I have had to do in my life this far. I still haven't done it. I know there are a few people in my life I can never stop talking to, no matter the choices they are making. They are like my sisters and I wouldn't be who I am without them. I know I can be here for them and make a difference in their lives, but it is damn hard.
Change is what shapes us. We grow and we learn, but we are always the person we were born to be. We just have to find that person inside us and help him/her grow.
I am so thankful for the realizations I have made since my brother Ian left for Lifeline (a rehab in North Salt Lake). I am going to be here for him because we need to grow together.
I am so thankful to my friend Amy because without her, I would not be where I am right now and I can never thank her enough for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment