Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Growing Up

Its a strange thing, getting older. Everything about us changes; a little bit each day. Our bodies change, our opinions change, our personalities, our hair color, our nail color, our wardrobe, our vocabulary, etc. I could go on and on. The fact is, we grow and we change. There is one little piece of us that is always constant. But that piece is tiny but in some ways, it really defines us. Its not even something I can name. I have no idea what it is; all I know is, I'm a very different person than I was a year ago. No matter how much my personality, my body, my voice, my hair, etc has changed, I still am the same Madeleine West Anderson. Isn't it strange that something can happen to us that takes, lets say, a few hours, and we feel like its changed us forever? For some people maybe its going camping or hiking or something and truly finding your higher power; or maybe its searching scripture and finally finding your testimony. It could be anything. Either way, I just think its strange. That an single moment, can change our thinking forever. It can change how we define ourselves and how we perceive others. Or even how we perceive ourselves. The most important as well as most difficult thing to remember, is that no matter what changes about you, you are loved. And you always will be. By someone. And it will always be God.

No comments:

Post a Comment