Friday, January 6, 2012

Rest in Paradise Brandon Michael Vance

Today was Vance's funeral. What an amazing service. I honestly felt such an unreal spirit there and I know with all my heart that Vance was there with us. He was smiling and hoping that we know he is happier now and in a place where he can truly come to know his Heavenly Father as well as be reunited with his daddy. It was a rough day thinking about how sad it was that he felt the need to take his own life. He was such a stud but he had some dark demons working their hardest on him and its amazing the way he handled them thus far. I think I'm finally out of tears and I can truly remember him as the boy Ian talks about all the time. I am just so thankful that it was not my brother in the coffin this afternoon and my heart goes out to his entire family as they try and move past this terrible tragedy. Of course, the one boy there to comfort me when I finally lost it at the burial was Cody. Unfortunately because obviously that made me miss him again. He just held me while I snotted and cried my guts out. Anyway I've kind of started rambling but basically it was a rough day but at the same time, I know Vance is finally breathing deep again and feeling the fresh air as he rides his skateboard along the canyons in heaven. Skate it up buddy we'll see ya soon :) RIP Brandon Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment