Thursday, January 19, 2012

Trapped

Trapped within unspoken words,

That bind my mind.

Anxiety, defeat, distress...

Words that form a thought,

And yet do not explain.

Trapped inside the walls that contain

This life that is slipping,

Slipping through my fingers.

I cannot ignore the temptations,

The temptations that would let me forget.

It would be so easy,

So easy to let it all go.

Freedom, it would bring.

Breaking through the walls,

And the traps.

These walls and these traps

That bind my mind.

Stuck in a state of helplessness.

Crying out for help,

But only to myself.

I do not let,

No, I never let,

The sound escape my lips.

The desperation inside myself is never heard.

I alone,

I alone hear my pain,

My suffering.

They don't understand,

They can't and they won't.

These are my walls and my traps

That bind my mind.

And mine alone.

Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment